Moving can get expensive and can be full of unknowns. You have to order boxes and packing supplies, you need furniture pads and it’s very time consuming. With so many innovative ways to move, it would be a great idea to get a moving consultation to analyze your options.
These unknowns can be very stressful. Along with getting an online or over the phone quote, it is also important to request a free in-home estimate. Estimates allow moving companies to provide you with a more accurate price estimate, eliminates surprises come moving day and provides details hard to capture over the phone. If you are relocating locally or long distance, the in-home estimates will answer your questions.
Top 5 questions answered during an in-home estimate
- What is all going to the new location on moving day?
- What are you going to do with the items not going to the new location?
- Do you need to order supplies for packing and protecting household goods?
- What is the best method of transportation for your household goods?
- What size crew will you need to complete your move in a timely manner?
All these questions determine the size of your move. Most online and phone interviews ask the basic questions geared towards understanding the size of your house or apartment and not really focusing on the intricate details that make up the size of your move.